Here’s the stats for yesterday’s matches: 78% strike rate!!
Copa Claro ATP
1. Reister vs Alund: Successful (Alund lost the match in 2 sets but
was break up twice in the first set and had chance to serve it out.
This means odds did go down to 1.4 at least)
2. Kuznetsov v Volandri: Successful (The strategy would have worked in
the first set tiebreak as Volandri leading by 3 points made that
3. Garcia v Fognini (N/A – Match to be played today)
4. Wawrinka v Lorenzi: Successful
5. Berlocq vs Nalbandian (N/A – Match to be played today)
Matches considered: 3 . Success rate : 3/3
6. Petrova v Cibulkova: Successful (Petrova breaking at the very first
game made the strategy work and as tipped she eventually did win it)!
7. Errani vs Goerges: Successful (This match definitely looked going
to Errani easily but from the second set, Goerges was a different
player and had chances in the third to snatch a tight 3 setter. The
match eventually went to the better player Errani in a 3 setter as
predicted but the strategy should have worked as Goerges did dominate
the 2nd set and looked solid on serve at the start of the 3rd)!
Eventhough trading wise I probably would have traded this out after
the first as Goerges looked puzzled, sticking to the plan made this
strategy successful, just!
8. Kvitova vs Hantuchova: Successful. (The scoreline read a brutal 2-0
victory for Kvitova, but the strategy worked! Here’s how. Hantuchova
held her serve to 30 in the very first game and forced 2 break points
in the next game, this forced the odds just to reach around 1.6)
Interestingly after this the odds only went down! So again we were
just about successful at the very start.
9. Radwanska vs Zheng: Unsuccessful (Very interesting that this match
being a 3 setter never went in Radwanska’s favour at any time. She was
always trailing this match and got beaten by the better player Zheng
who almost blew a 3 game lead in the 3rd. The odds I believe never
came down to 1.5 in her favour hence this was rather unluckily
10. Vinci v Kuznetsova: Successful (Pretty easily spot on in the end
as Kuznetsova couldn’t handle the slick Vinci)!
11. Wozniacki v Safarova: Unsuccessful ( I didn’t expect this to be
successful as I had cautioned an injury concern in my post for this
match. Wozniacki dominated this from start!)
12. Makarova vs Stosur: Successful easily!
Success rate: 5/7
13. Davis vs Rybarikova : Unsuccessful . This never went Davis’ way
eventhough the first set was rather close. Was never in the lead and I
was a bit surprised she lost this in 2! This wasa back heavy match so
the right strategy was to trade out just before the tie-break with a
loss (the loss would be absolutely minimal here if you had done so!)
14. Lisicki vs Key: Successful. (Keys had a 4-2 lead here which she
blew and lost the first set 7-5. The odds definitely reached 1.6 hence
making this successful)
15. Oudin vs Hlavackova: Successful
16. Hampton vs Vandweghe : Successful
Success rate: 3/4
17. Bogomolov vs Russell : Successful
18. Melzer v Sijsling: Unsuccessful. (Melzer was never in the lead
here hence strategy failed).
19. Blake vs Mayer: Successful (Going for Blake at the start looked
dodgy until you had waited a few games in the second. After this,
Blake pretty much blew away Mayer)!
20. Querrey v Falla: Successful
21. Becker v Lopez: Successful and absolutely spot on. Here’s why:
Not only did this match exactly work as I predicted in a Lopez 3
setter win, I also tipped him for the handicap and over games market
(the only one I tipped yesterday!). Match went smoothly as predicted
and indeed was a gem of a market to trade!
Success rate: 3/4
ATP Open 13:
22. Devvarman vs Paire: Successful in the tie break. This match
actually shouldn’t have been traded heavy eventhough the strategy did
work. Devvarman was pretty much solid in his defence and rightly won
this match. The first set should have gone to Paire as he lead the
tie-break by atleast 3points I believe at one stage and he lost. The
second set had more drama when Devvarman had 3 match points and lost
it on a tiebreak. (PLEASE SEE THE SCREENSHOT OF MY INTUITION FOR THIS
MATCH) A good trading match but trading heavy was risky eventhough it
did work in the tiebreak!
23. Llodra v Goffin: Successful easily
24. Davydenko vs Stakhovsky: Successful
25. Gulbis vs Nieminen: Successful easily.
26. Monfils vs Granollers: Unsuccessful as Monfils was never in the
match and was utterly poor!!
27. Gasquet vs Muller: N.A as I didn’t give an entry/exit point. This
match was not tipped to go in either player’s favour eventhough I did
mention it may go in Muller’s favour. But what a match to trade !!
Success rate: 4/5 (Gasquet match not considered)
Total matches success rate: 18 / 23 (4 matches not considered for stats):
A decent 78%!!
Cheers! And good luck with todays tips which will follow in a few mins!!